October 18, 2020 · 2 min readsite new feature
Join / Leave Log
Is your clan chat so busy that you can’t keep track of who has recently joined and left your clan? Introducing Join / Leave Log — a new feature for clans who have enabled Clan History!
This new feature allows you to see every member joins and leaves in the last 7 days.
- Tapping on the the join / leave event leads you to the member profile, and makes it easy for you to locate the members who have left.
- Sample use cases:
- A member has left to play in a league but you need them to come back to finish war battles.
- You administer an esports league and want to know if a player has joined/left the league clan at a specific time.
See It In Action
Check out the Join / Leave Log and other features of Clan History in one of our clans:
How to Enable Clan History
Clan History is not enabled by default. Add the text
code: RoyaleAPI in your clan description and we will start tracking your clan.
- It is not possible to get history about your clan before you have enabled it.
- Once you have enabled clan history, data will be collected automatically and you should see results in 4 hours.
- Make sure that you have spelled the URL correctly. It is not case-sensitive, but 95% of the time clans didn’t get history activated because of misspelling.
- Your clan is setup correctly if you don’t see the “how to enable clan history” info panel when you visit the Clan History page.
Besides Join / Leave Log, Clan History enables you to track member progress and activity over time.
Trophy / Donation Activity
- Detect member inactivity by noting if their trophies (orange bar) or donations (blue bar) haven’t changed within the selected time frame in the clan info view.
- Timestamps of recently joined members. This is generally used in conjunction with the inactivity indicators, as new members won’t have as many available data points as old members.
- Get a detailed week-by-week breakdown of card donations of each of your members.
- See the trophy progress of each of your members.
- We log clan activity every 2 hours, so the timestamps of the join / leave events are approximate.
- More granular level is not possible because of the sheer amount of clans that we are actively tracking.
- If a member joins and leaves quickly within the 2-hour interval, it may not show up in the logs.
What do you think about this feature? If you have suggestions or feature ideas, leave us a comment on Reddit!