Updated designs for Clash Royale Player Achievement Badgessite
Profile badges had a significant change earlier this year with the Mighty Miner Update. A lot of new badges were added to the game and the design style changed completely; this was all in preparation for the Battle Banners that would be announced afterwards.
We have always intended our player profiles to give a full overview of a playerʼs progress, so instead of allowing players to choose their 3 favorite achievements we kept showing all of them. Unfortunately this has led to the best players having rows and rows of badges that quickly become overwhelming to anyone who checks out their profile.
From now on, players with more than 8 badges will by default have a badge filter enabled. This filter gives the spotlight to those achievements that we consider the most rare and significant, usually leaning towards the competitive scene of Clash Royale.
While reviewing this section of profiles we have also decided to add some new badges and updated the design of some older ones. The main ones are:
- Account Level: it was always possible to see this among other detailed stats, but we wanted to give it more visibility given that it’s the main way in which account progression is measured.
- Extended Ladder Ranks: we show the best 3 ladder finishes as badges, but we used to limit it to Top1000 finishes. This extension won’t affect those who frequently compete at the top of the leaderboard, but it will give more visibility to the thousands of players who got quite close.
- Ranked (Path of Legends): yes, there will be badges for this mode soon™. Once the leaderboards for previous seasons are reenabled you will be able to earn 3 more badges for your profile in this category; these will be different to the old Ladder badges, so the ones that you have already will remain there.
- Hoggy Bank: in-game you can use it to save gold, but did you know that professional players have another one for their esports earnings? Our esports database tracks how much they earn through the years; now, once they reach $10K dollars, it will be displayed as a badge. Hoggy Bank earnings only display earnings from individual events that were validated by our team.
- Supercell’s Creator program is currently evolving from the old 3-tier system. Now everyone is a Creator, but there is also a special category known as Super Creator.
- Account Age redesign: we wanted to try something special to label the years that everyone has been playing. We are still considering alternatives, so let us know if you like it or if you have other ideas for them.
- Redesign and reordering: we have updated badges like Ladder History, Banner Collection and others. And badges will from now on appear in a fixed order that we hope makes them easier to digest.
What do you think about these changes? Let us know if you like them, and we’d love to hear more suggestions to keep improving this section in all of your profiles.